Gluten Free Banana Bread

A friend of mine called me up the other day and asked if I wanted some over ripe bananas.  The store near her usually just throws out bananas that are too ripe.  So she gave them her number and ended up with 100 lbs of over ripe bananas that the store was just going to throw out.  She started giving boxes of them away to neighbors and friends.  So of course I said sure. We love banana bread.

I took them and immediately peeled the banana and put them into containers to freeze.  We've now made two batches of banana bread and have plenty more bananas to go through! I'm so happy that I can make gluten free banana bread!


So here's the best gluten free banana bread recipe I could come up with.  I did not add nuts to mine, but I think that would be wonderful.  I just didn't have any nuts on hand.

Ingredients: 
  • 4 organic eggs
  • 3 cups blended ripe bananas
  • 1 cup sugar or honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 c. melted butter or coconut oil
  • 1/2 c. oat flour
  • 1/2 c. rice flour
  • 1/2 c. tapioca starch
  • 1/2 c. potato flour
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • optional nuts
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350
  2. Grease your pans, I use butter
  3. Blend up approx 3 ripe bananas in a food processor or blender
  4. Place bananas, sweetener, vanilla, and butter in bowl.  Mix completely.
  5. Add flours, salt, baking powder and mix well.  
  6. Add in the eggs and stir well.
  7. Pour batter into 2 loaf pans
  8. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Mine took 60 minutes for my deeper pan and 45 for my shallower one. Use a knife or toothpick to check the middle is done.
  9. Remove from pan let cool.  I like my banana bread cold in the fridge with butter on top.  Do not put in fridge until completely cooled or it will have yucky mushy condensation goo on it.
  10. EAT, ENJOY be guilt free because it's gluten free.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my children and I are.  We love it.  I need to make more.  I also think this would make a wonderful layer in a multiple layer/ flavored birthday cake.  Can you imagine a Gluten Free Banana Split Birthday Cake.  Oh yummy.  Make one layer using this recipe, one layer using the chocolate cake recipe and then one layer with vanilla ice cream in it! Yummers!

If you try it out send me a picture or a link and tell me how you liked it! 

Comments

Most Popular Posts