MRI Results

After waiting months my daughter was finally able to get the MRI done.  We had waited knowing that she had a dark basil ganglia and that it could cause all kinds of problems later in life.  We waited as she had a palate-expander in her mouth and couldn't go in until that was removed. As we waited I went through waves, days of fear and days of peace. 

One day as I was praying for her I started thinking about how years ago we were told we wouldn't have children that lived outside of my womb.  I thought of all the things we were told even when I was pregnant with her about her likelihood of survival due to my very premature labor. I thought of the peace that God gave me as I laid on bed rest for 10 weeks in my hospital bed.  The peace that surrounded me in that hospital room was like nothing I felt before. I knew she was going to be okay, and she was.  She was healthy and able to breath on her own.  I thought of that and how in that moment God laid on our hearts that His favor was on her.  He was holding her and she would not come too early, she would not die but live.  I thought of that and I prayed to God, "Lord your favor was on her then, you kept her safe in my womb when doctors believed the worst.  You allowed her to be born healthy and with strong longs despite what everyone thought.  You made her, and she is perfectly formed.  God be with her now, touch her brain and heal it.  Allow the MRI to show there is nothing wrong with her." As I prayed I felt peace and confidence that she was going to be okay.

We went in for the MRI and the nurse was amazing.  The IV went in so quickly my daughter didn't have time to really see what was happening.  She stayed very still and the MRI got done fairly quickly.  We sat in the waiting room longer than in the actually MRI.  We were told we wouldn't get the results for a few more days.  In those days I kept praying.  Her MRI was on a Friday morning, on Monday afternoon a nurse called with the results. 

The reason that area is dark is that there is a pocket of cerebral spinal fluid there. The pocket changed size from 12mm in the CT scan to 11mm in the MRI.  The MRI showed no variations in the fluid and the neurologist thinks this is in normal ranges for her.  It is not cancerous, and it is not bi-lateral, it's not showing darkening or deadening of the tissues.  All of this is good news.  No one knows why there is a pocket of spinal fluid there.  She could have been born with it. Considering she was a preemie, that sat frank breach without amniotic fluid for more than 10 weeks inside my womb, and was born with fully developed lungs at 34 weeks, I think anything is possible.  Since she has no other symptoms at this time they consider her to be fine and not need to see the neurologist.  I could fully breath.  We had the results and it was not childhood onset parkinsons or some other horrible disease. 

I praise God for good news. I know no matter what we face, good or bad he is with us.  He carries us through.  I praise him in the storms of this life and I praise him in the blessings.  I'm so grateful that my daughter is done with tests and we have results quickly.  At the same time I grieve for my many friends who are currently dealing with serious medical conditions, some without answers. My heart goes out to them for all that they face each and every day.  I pray with them for their children, for health, for each new milestone, for safety during medical procedures, for results.  We all praise God, for we know that no matter what we face He is good.

My sweet girl has a load lifted, knowing that her brain is okay.  We still have persuaded her to eat super healthy and stay away from sugar to keep any inflammation away from her brain and to help the pocket of fluid to keep shrinking.  It's so good to see that she's not worried or scared anymore.  She has peace. Thank you God for your peace. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts