Amazing Results

I sat at a table in a community room, in a small town.  It was the site of a fundraiser for my precious friend.  If you were a stranger coming in the doors, I doubt you would think this was a benefit started by a small group of people. It would seem more like a community fair. There were people everywhere.  Clowns making amazing balloon toys from walking dogs to bows and arrows.  Whole faces were painted like super heroes, or with beautiful flower designs.  Baked goods of every kind where sold.  Raffles, silent auctions and 35 vendors.  I looked around and was astonished.  Vendors of everything from Usborne books, party lite candles, pampered chef...you name it, and it was there.  People flooded in all day. We had a small table of handcrafted goods made by my family and my dear friend's family. The jewelry our children made flew off the table. I was amazed by the turn out.  To see people from all over, some who know her and some who don't, come out to support her, was amazing.  It was enough to bring tears to your eyes. 

My friend was there, like the trooper she is.  Going from table to table thanking the vendors for coming.  Trying to hide the pain and exhaustion she was in.  I could see it in her face, in her labored step.  Yet, she was there, a source of light, thanking and encouraging others.  I know her whole family was blown away and blessed by the event.

I know that no one of us could have thought up or done this kind of fundraiser by ourselves.  God has given each of us talents, and it's beautiful when we all come together using those gifts and talents to better his kingdom and reach out to those in need. It feels great to be part of the body of Christ as we work together to help and comfort and support each other.

 "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ... So that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."
1 Corinthians 12: 12, 25-26
 

Comments

Most Popular Posts