What Really Matters

Here I am living in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment with my husband and our three children.  Toys can't be contained in the small room the kids share.  Homeschooling happens on the couch or the table or the floor and the only organization is that each kid has their own plastic tub of books to bring to me during their special time. I'm constantly in the kitchen trying to make make food my kids can actually eat, and even when they can eat it, doesn't mean they will.  I look around and I see clutter, chaos and a lot of things I wish I had.

I wish I had peace and quiet, a day alone with no noise and no one following me to the bathroom.
I wish we had more room to fit all the amazing things they love to play with.
I wish we had a yard to run and play and get out our energy, especially after being stuck in such close quarters during the long COLD winter. Which really means I wish we had a house.
I wish we could eat all the grains we wanted. 
I could go on and on, lets face it we all could.  There's always something more we want, or desire.  During these times of wishing for more I have to step back and remember what really matters.

I'm grateful to God that he blessed me with these 3 miracles after being told I'd never get to full-term and after the heartache of miscarrying three precious children. I'm grateful for laughter and the creativity that freely flows through my home. I'm grateful to have kids that, though they have food allergies, and though shopping can be a nightmare, and cooking take hours, they are healthy and happy and strong.  I'm grateful for a good husband and the ability to stay home with my kids and teach them, see them grow and change and watch them flourish into the people God made them to be. I'm grateful to have a roof over my head, and realize that many people lack even that.

When I stop and think I see that I have so much to be thankful for.  God is good, and I am truly blessed, that's what really matters.

"Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things; let them consider the steadfast love of the Lord." Psalm 107:43 

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,  for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 118:1

Comments

Most Popular Posts