Cheap Paleo Meal

Face it, when you're trying to feed a family with allergies, it can be very expensive.  We have been trying to bring our food budget down without sacrificing the health benefits or compromising our diets.  I've found that I can't buy my food all at one store.  I shop at Costco, Trader Joe's and Natural Grocers.  I used to live in a small town in SD and none of these stores were an option, then I used Azure Standard, found what I could locally, and drove once a month hours away, to stock up.  Even spending more on gas still saved us on food.

I'm always on the look out for cheap but filling grain free, or gluten free meals.  While dining at my good friends house I was introduced to Sweet Potato Hash.  It's simple, flavorful and a cheap Paleo meal.

In a large skillet, saute yellow onions, cut up sweet potato, and browned ground beef.  That's it.  Once the potatoes are soft serve with salt.  I came home and added to it.  I threw in some eggs and additional potatoes.  It makes a great meal any time of day. You can keep it simple or add to it.

What is your cheap, go to, grain free meal?

Comments

Most Popular Posts