Getting Ready for Valentines Day

Honestly we have done very little in preparation for Valentines day.  My eldest did a composition on a time she felt loved.  They all made a Valentine craft at the library this week.  We also read Pete the Cat's Valentine book. That's all we've done.  I've never been big on this holiday.  We don't eat all the junk food, and I'm not one to spend money on flowers that will be dead in a few days.  So we don't really do much. Yet I want to do more.  I want to use this holiday as another opportunity to point to the love of Christ. 

I hope that tomorrow I can remind my kids that everyday is a day to show love for one another and the Lord.  I hope they will remember that the love of the Lord is more important than any valentine. I also plan to do some fun crafts from the sites below.  You can do them too.

Some fun crafts:
http://www.dltk-kids.com/articles/valentine.htm
http://www.christianpreschoolprintables.com/Valentines_Day.html


"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


How do you help your kids celebrate Valentine's day and God's love each day?

Comments

Most Popular Posts