God Is Still the Same

I finally got to spend time with my dear friend in the hospital last night. It was so encouraging.  Her room is full of verses on the walls.  She is full of the Lord's peace and is seeking His face.

When they were told how the cancer had spread and what was happening her husband said, "This doesn't change who God is."  She declared that as well and said "I am going to declare who God is in the midst of the battle."

I do not know how people who do not know the Lord can make it through times like these.  I have seen many times that those without Christ become over whelmed and consumed with worry and doubts and fears. More often I see that those with Christ have a miraculous sense of peace. As the Bible calls it,  the peace that surpasses all understanding.  It's the peace that doesn't make sense to the on-looker.  The peace that covers you and lifts you up in times of trouble.

My dear friend is constantly and consistently declaring who God is.   He is a mighty counselor. He comforts those who mourn. He lifts them up on wings like eagles. He renews our strength. He is worthy of all praise, honor and glory. Through Him NOTHING is impossible. This is only part of who God is.

As we walk with them through this valley we know that God is still the same.  He still reigns and we will not be shaken. We are expectantly watching HIM display HIS glory.

"He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:6

Comments

Most Popular Posts