Joy

My family is working through the devotional Learning to Speak Life, Fruit of the Spirit by Michael and Carlie Kercheval.  It's a great book.  I highly recommend it.  You can check out their site and purchase a copy for yourself here.

We are currently on the second chapter which deals with the fruit of joy.  I know there are days that I struggle with joy.  Usually, those are the days that my kids seem to have forgotten all manners, and are sulky and sullen themselves.  This morning as we were starting our Bible time and the Kercheval study, my children were being crabby and not wanting to engage in the verses or learning.  I started singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart," I took my kids arms and waved them to the tune and pointed at their hearts, acting a little goofy with them. Pretty soon they were smiling and laughing and ready to listen.  Later my son was tracing Job 8:21, which grabbed my attention.

Job 8:21 "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."

While we were all in a crabby state, by lifting up praises and singing to God the mood shifted. Our mouths were filled with laughter and our lips with shouts of joy.  It was a wonderful way to start our day.  The rest of the day with homeschooling, doctor appointments and craziness was more of a breeze because of the time we set aside right away to get in the right mindset.

I encourage you to set aside time to spend in Bible reading, and praise with your children it will truly improve your home-school. Do you have a favorite study you do with your children?

Comments

Most Popular Posts