Peace?

This week my dear friend was hospitalized with a massive infection and in the process found out that her cancer has spread to her lungs, and her bones.  It's in her pelvic bone, sternum, ribs, and spine.  I found this out while caring for her three young children, one only 2 months old.  I sit in shock and wonder what God's plans and will is in this situation.  I also sit in awe of my dear friend.  She constantly looks to Jesus for peace and holds to Him even in very dark times.

I selfishly want to be with her in the hospital and to give her hugs and to just sit with her.  In this time I need God's perfect peace.  I need that verse more than ever to think on what is good and allow Him to regulate my mind.  Seriously regulate. 

I sat in the grocery store parking lot for a half an hour while my kids watched a movie on our portable movie player.  Could have been a devotion time, but all I was doing was trying to focus on what I needed in the store.  I was trying to make a list but how my mind wandered. 

Please keep her and her precious little ones in your prayers.

May we all keep close to the Lord and be given His peace.

Comments

Most Popular Posts