Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies

So I just made these gluten/ grain free cookies.  They are really pretty good and surprised me.  My kids devoured them in a matter of a couple minutes so I think I will be making them again.


Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies

1 c. almond butter (I used trader joe's)
3 T raw honey
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. gluten free oat flour
2 T tapioca starch
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Blend up the wet ingredients, then add the dry.  Mix till everything is incorporated. Spoon onto cookie sheet, or roll into balls.  Cook 10 minutes and then let cool and eat.  I also rolled some up and put them in the freezer to eat raw.  Those ones did not have the egg it in.  Both ways tasted good.  It makes a cake like cookie that is fluffy.

I hope you enjoy making this, add some real whipped cream as a topping or eat it alone.  It's a nice healthy little treat your gluten free kiddos will enjoy.  You can substitute any nut butter.  I used almond due to a peanut allergy/ intolerance, in one of my three children.

Comments

Most Popular Posts