5 Day Clubs


This week we've been hosting a 5-Day Club at the playground of our apartments.  I have never hosted one before and did not really know anything about Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).  I was thinking about the kids that live in the complex and I wanted to do some kind of VBS.  After talking with my pastor's wife, I learned that CEF trains teens to go around locally and do 5-Day Clubs or Sidewalk clubs during the summer to teach children about Christ.  I was very excited!

CEF made it very easy for me.  All I had to do was pick the week and the time of day I wanted to have it along with the location.  They then sent me invitations to pass out in my neighborhood with all the information already printed on them.  The day it started a CEF leader arrived 30 minutes before hand to set up.  All I had to provide was water and pop-sickles, everything else was already planned.

I have to say I'm quite impressed.  Four teenage boys (13-19 years old) come daily to lead 5-Day Club.  They have songs, missionary stories, gospel lessons, and games all ready.  We sit by the park on a sheet and they keep the kids all actively involved for 90 minutes. The team brings things like parachutes and other equipment for games and everything is planned great. The Gospel is presented daily, scripture is memorized daily and an invitation to know Christ is given daily.  This has been such a neat experience.  I look forward to my kids becoming teens so they too can join CEF and lead groups of children to the LORD. It's pretty amazing to see teen boys so dedicated to the LORD and to spreading the Gospel.  The boys that come out to our group just happen to all be home-schooled too.

If you want to impact your community this is an easy, yet life changing way to do it.  It opens doors for you to get to know your neighbors and to disciple them as they learn about Christ.  I'm excited to see how Christ uses this in my community.  Each child that comes has a family, won't it be amazing to see families changed for Christ!

God calls us, commands us really to go and make disciples of all nations.  How can we do that if we never reach out and teach anyone about Christ, and his Gospel message of salvation?  This is a great way to get your family involved in following the Great Commission. If you want to host a 5-Day Club in your area, or to learn more click here.

 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:19-20

Comments

Most Popular Posts