Peace of God

My quiet time with God was about walking by Faith and receiving God's Peace.  His peace is unlike the world's peace. It is not understandable, the circumstance doesn't change but HIS peace comes in and gives strength and endurance, despite the circumstance. As I read the scriptures the thought crossed my mind, "Okay God, what am I going to face today that I need to hold on to this verse and remember that YOUR peace is here to protect my heart and my mind?"  As my mind wondering I declared, "Well I'll keep walking by Faith no matter what and I know His Peace will be there for me."

The day was full of visits and play dates. The second day of our 5-Day Club was a great success. The child I mentioned yesterday was back and even had John 3:16 committed to memory.  Isn't that awesome! We were going through our day enjoying things.  We were busy but not rushed, not anxious, just peaceful. Then on the way to our chiro appointment my best friend called and sounded upset.  She had to leave for the ER and needed help with the boys. So I turned around and headed for her house. "God give her peace. Protect her heart and mind. God give me peace," I silently prayed.

 The stage four breast cancer has left a large open wound on her breast.  The wound care person who comes to her home realized today things were not right.  Doctors orders: she was go into the ER for  surgery. I pray for God's peace over her and her husband.  Peace abound in her three small children.  God's great peace, peace that passes all understanding. Late in the evening after being at the ER for 7 hours she was informed that they decided not to do surgery and they sent her home.  While all of this seems to be so crazy and confusing and chaotic, God is still in control and HIS peace is over her.

Please join me in praying for my dear friend. If you would like to reach out in someway there is a T-shirt fundraiser going on to help my dear friend and her family during this difficult time. You can find out more by following the link, or you can always make a donation at any Wells Fargo for the Danielle Pint Foundation.

Remember that no matter what you face today God's peace is available to you.  May you find rest in his arms.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
 Philippians 4:6-7

Comments

Most Popular Posts