Holy Spirit

My pastor started a series a few weeks back on the Holy Spirit.  It has been helpful to reflect on my thoughts, experiences and feelings about the Holy Spirit.  I was one of the many people who experienced the "abuses" in the name of the Holy Spirit.  For years when I heard people say the words "Holy Spirit" it  made me uncomfortable because of those experiences. A few years ago I realized this uncomfortableness and asked God to help me through it.  I know that I believe in the Trinity of God, and that includes the Holy Spirit.

I know that God, through the Holy Spirit has led my husband and I many times.  From moves to dealing with money and family relations, many times the Holy Spirit has guided us.  Yet, I still clung to this feeling that HE was somehow odd or strange, due to the things I experienced in non-scriptural churches.

I've been excited as our pastor has pointed out the presence of the Holy Spirit throughout scripture.  One I have been meditating on and excited about is found in the very beginning.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters." Genesis 1:1-2

It is so great to see the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God right there from the beginning, hovering over all things. The same Spirit of God, the same Holy Spirit is in me today, directing me, guiding me and showing me the way.  That is so amazing to think about.   I thank the Lord for HE is Good.  I'm grateful to have this wonderful, all knowing, powerful God living in me through the Holy Spirit.  When I don't know what to do, I can call on him and ask for guidance.  When I feel a nudging from within I can know that the Spirit of God is directing my path.  It can be as easy as the nudging in my heart recently to do 5 day club, or to reach out to a neighbor I didn't know.  God loves us all and he has plans and desires that are GOOD, we need to not be afraid, but accept his Spirit, the Holy Spirit to dwell in us to direct us and allow us to be all that God intends us to be.

Will you listen to the Holy Spirit this week guiding you? Will you become divided following after your own will, not having or listening to the Spirit? Will you stay in the love of God?  Will you stay in love with God?  May you walk in obedience to him, the Holy Spirit, and be filled with his mercy and knowledge of what you need to do for your week.

But ye, beloved, remember ye the words which have been spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; That they said to you, In the last time there shall be mockers, walking after their own ungodly lusts.These are they who make separations, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 
Jude 1:17-21

Comments

Most Popular Posts