Praise Him

I have seen the power of praise.  When you truly praise the LORD, and draw close to him nothing else seems to matter.  Your circumstance may not change but your heart will. 

I think of how hindered I feel sometimes in praising the LORD.  While in church surrounded by other believers I have worried more about what the people around me may think than desiring to please my God, and my creator.  There are times when my spirit moves within me and I want to shout, to dance, to jump up and down at the awesomeness of Yahweh.  Yet my flesh stops my spirit.  I think,  "wait a minute, I can't do that.  I'd look crazy.  People will look at me, what will they think." Why do I worry about what people would think.  Was I created to gratify people, or was I created to serve a mighty God.  Do I have a spirit to keep it trapped inside my flesh to only do what I desire to do, or do I have a spirit to be united with the Spirit of a Living God, to glorify HIM and draw near to HIM.  

I think of David returning with the arch of God, leaping and dancing in the presence of the LORD.  He wasn't down cast, he wasn't containing his spirit. He didn't sit, hands in lap, saying in a calm voice, "well praise the LORD we have the arch".  No, he was leaping for joy before the GOD he loved.  When David returns to the palace, to his wife, she rebukes him for dancing.  Being more concerned with the flesh she thought he looked foolish and was bringing shame to himself.  How dare he dance like that in front of common people.  She tried to dampen his joy and excitement in the LORD.  I don't know about you but I don't want to be like his wife.  I don't want to dampen the joy of those around me and I don't want to be so stuck in the flesh that I cannot be moved by the spirit.  I want to be like David. I want to dance and leap before the LORD. 

Will you praise the Lord today with dancing and shouts of joy?


Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. 4Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe. 5Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Psalm 150:3-5

Comments

Most Popular Posts