Decadent Gluten Free Chocolate Cake


Normally when I make my chocolate cake I top it with whipped cream I make from scratch.  Well on this day I did not have any whipping cream or many of the usual ingredients.  My kitchen aid mixer was missing a piece and so I just threw what I had into a bowl and stirred it up by hand.  It turned out to be one of the BEST gluten free creations I've made.  It was for a birthday of a dear friend and it was of course all eaten, down to the last crumb!

I hope you'll give it a try and let me know how much your family and friends enjoy it.

 Cake Ingredients:
2 c. organic raw sugar
3/4 c. rice flour
1/2 c. oat flour
1/4 c. tapioca starch
1/4 c. potato starch
3/4 c. coco powder
1 ts. zanthan gum
1 1/2 ts. baking powder
1 1/2 ts. baking soda
1 ts. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. light flavor olive oil (I didn't have coconut on hand)
1 c. boiling water

Cake Directions:
 If you don't have all those flours and starches on hand you can try your own gluten free blend.  I find this combination gives things the best flavor, doesn't taste too starchy or like regular gluten free things. So put all the dry ingredients in a bowl then all the wet ones. Stir....THAT SIMPLE!

Pour it into 2 greased round pans and cook on 350 for 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clear. Let it cool completely before frosting. 

For the frosting I used my food processor. 

Frosting Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons of organic sweet cream butter (softened)
2 Tablespoons of coco powder
2 cups organic powdered sugar
1-4 TB milk to the right consistency

Directions:
Throw it all into a food processor or blender. Blend it up and then use it to frost the cake.
YUMMY!!!

As you notice in the picture it is topped with a beautiful berry sauce and little chocolate covered berry balls. My friend made the berry sauce using old frozen berries from her freezer.  She made them into freezer jam following an online recipe, like this. It turned into a wonderful berry topping for things like pancakes, waffles or this decadent gluten free chocolate cake. We drizzled it on the top and plopped on a few organic chocolate covered berries from Costco and voila!  You have a beautiful, pretty simple, but gourmet good gluten free cake.

After you make your please comment and tell us about it.  How did you decide to decorate it.  Did it meet your chocolate desires and satisfy your family or friends gluten allergy needs? Happy eating!





Comments

Most Popular Posts