Honor Your Husband

As a stay at home mom it's easy to get bogged down in all we do. Let's face it our job never ends.  From the minute we open our eyes in the morning till we fall into bed at night, and even in the middle of the night, we are caring for our children, running our home.  It's demanding.  I can easily get into the mindset that I have it harder than my husband.  I can say things like, "Well at least he gets to talk to adults... At least he gets to leave the house and shower every day and go to the bathroom without children following him." That mindset is not helpful in our homes and it does not honor all our husbands do.

My husband works a full time job and then comes home and works from home into the wee hours of the morning.  He provides for our family so that I CAN stay home.  We have a roof over our head, clothes on our backs, food on our table and no bill collectors calling because he works hard.  As his wife I need to let him know I appreciate all he does.  I need to spread that appreciation to my children so they understand why Daddy is so tired and they thank him for his hard work too.

This week or weekend I challenge you to do something special for your husband to let him know that you and the kids appreciate his hard work. We made a cake and put a little sign in it that the kids made, thanking daddy for his hard work and telling him he's the #1 Dad!  We had to wait till about 7:30 at night for him to come home from work to share a supper and the desert with him.  Instead of singing "Happy Birthday" we sang "Thank you for all your work".  I could see in his face that he appreciated it.  That he knew he was loved and appreciated.  It doesn't have to be extragent.  Ours sure wasn't, but you should let him know you're thankful.


Ephesians 5:33
However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects (honors) her husband.

Comments

Most Popular Posts