My Missing Puzzle Piece

Every child has a story and every child longs to hear their special story over and over.  Her story is different.  I wasn't there for the first 4 years.  I don't know what it was like to carry her in my tummy or if she kicked hard like my oldest.  I don't know what her first words were or when she learned to walk.  I wasn't there to see if she sucked her thumb and to hear her soft coos.  I missed all that.  So when she looks at me with those big brown eyes and wants to hear how she too belongs this is what I say: "You are my little missing puzzle piece.  I used to count my kids, 1, 2, 3, 4...where is 4.  I only have 3.  Someone is missing I would think and it was YOU.  YOU are my missing puzzle piece." And with a grin and squeal of delight she agrees.  God knew I would count, God knew I would feel like someone was missing and God placed a little birthmark on her that looks just like a little puzzle piece. It's her special story.  She was lost, and incomplete but now she's found and part of a bigger picture.  A picture of love and hope, healing and redemption. Thank you God that my little puzzle piece is found!

Comments

Most Popular Posts